June 2016 Issue
- Automation Leads to Reshoring Bicycle Manufacturing
- The Roll Forming Option: Don't Assume too Little
- Ironworkers: An Evolving Mainstay
- Making Displays Fast, Faster, Fastest
- Sawing Productivity: June Issue
The Netherlands was once home to many bike manufacturers, but labor costs drove them to offshore. A new startup looks to automate the process and bring production home.
If your volume of parts is high, and if your profiles lend themselves to it, you’ve probably already considered roll forming as an option to bending with a press brake. The machinery is large and expensive – justified if your volume warrants it – but roll forming also is available on an outsource/contract basis, where you can make a per-part cost comparison.
Adding functionality to a tried-and-true technology.
Midland Metals has expanded its capabilities to control the chaos.
Sawing operations improve through process evaluations and improved service packages.